Sarah has been researching suitable iconic races for the club to target as a trip away next season.
The committee has decided on the Woburn Abbey Triathlon 8th-9th September 2018. This has a number of different races at various distances so there should be something for everyone. It will be a great series of races at a spectacular venue so should make a fun weekend. Now is the time I am sure you are planning your 2018 season so consider this one as there will be plenty from the club racing there.
Saturday 8th September
- WoBurner: 1900m Swim, 90km Bike, 21.1km Run £140
- WoBurnerRelay: 1900m Swim, 90km Bike, 21.1km Run £160
- Olympic Triathlon: 1500m Swim, 44km Bike, 10.5km Run £75
- Olympic Triathlon Relay: 1500m Swim, 44km Bike, 10.5km Run £100
Sunday 9th September
- Olympic Triathlon: 1500m Swim, 40km Bike, 10km† Run £75
- Olympic Triathlon (Elite and sub 2:30hrs): 1500m Swim, 40km Bike, 10km† Run £75
- Olympic Triathlon Relay: 1500m Swim, 40km Bike, 10km† Run £100
- Sprint Triathlon: 800m Swim, 20km Bike, 5km Run £65
- Sprint Triathlon Relay: 800m Swim, 20km Bike, 5km Run £100
- SuperSprint Triathlon: 400m Swim, 10km Bike, 2.5km Run £60
- SuperSprint Triathlon Relay: 400m Swim, 10km Bike, 2.5km Run £100
- Junior Triathlon (ages 9 to 12 years): 100m Swim, 3km Bike, 1km Run £34
- Junior Triathlon (ages 13 to 15 years): 300m Swim, 6.8km Bike, 2.5km Run £34
- Scootathlon (ages 4-8): 400m Scoot, 400m Bike, 150m Run £19
There are plenty of local hotel and camping options for the weekend. If you plan to race there, please let Sarah Jay know as the organisers offer a discount for 10+ entries.